- 31 Aug 2023
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Summer Holiday Fun at The Commandery
Tuesdays to Thursdays through August, 10.30am – 12noon | The Commandery
Step back to medieval times and learn to launch a trebuchet, have an exciting day at the circus, and discover all there is to know about magnificent minibeasts this summer.
There are themed sessions each week through August for children to enjoy – and lots of summer holiday fun to be had in the gardens and rest of The Commandery too.
A recipe for a great family day out!
🎪 A Magical Circus Day
Tuesday 1, Wednesday 2, and Thursday 3 August | Tuesday 22, Wednesday 23, and Thursday 24 August
- Play parachute games in the gardens, test your juggling skills and play with giant bubbles
- Create your own clown masks
- Explore The Commandery with a circus trail
⚔️ Medieval Castles and Catapults
Tuesday 8, Wednesday 9, and Thursday 10 August | Tuesday 29, Wednesday 30, and Thursday 31 August
- Build a wall and use The Commandery’s trebuchet to knock it down!
- Play in the gardens with fantastic castle tents and hobby horses
- Follow a fun medieval trail as you explore the building
🐞 Magnificent Minibeasts
Tuesday 15, Wednesday 16, and Thursday 17 August
- Decorate fantastic ladybird biscuits and make bug-inspired crafts in the gardens
- Challenge yourself to a scavenger hunt
- Can you find all the creepy-crawlies in the bug trail?
Every session includes a story, drink, and a biscuit. Aimed at children from pre-school ages to 10 years.
The family morning is £5 per child, which you can book online via the links above. General admission to The Commandery also applies and can be paid for on arrival or booked online too.
You can get free admission to The Commandery if you have a season or Worcester Residents’ pass (just £5 per child for the session still applies) – find out more and plan your visit. Your ticket can be upgraded on the day!