Titanic: Honour & Glory exhibition
Monday 17 May – Saturday 11 September
In this stunning exhibition Titanic: Honour & Glory, see unique artefacts from one of the largest collections of rare Titanic and White Star Line artefacts in the world, in addition to magnificent props and costumes from the 1997 James Cameron film, Titanic. Discover the story of Titanic through real artefacts and personal stories, experience the grandeur of transatlantic travel and step back into the gilded age as you view awe-inspiring examples of the ship’s luxurious interior fittings.
Voted one of the top five exhibitions in the United Kingdom by The Times, Titanic: Honour & Glory will explore her story, and those of her sister ships and their owners, the White Star Line, as well as revealing the local links of some of its passengers.
Titanic: Honour & Glory gathers together an unrivalled collection of genuine and rare artefacts from the Titanic and her sister ships.
- Beautiful china dinner plates upon which the first meals were served aboard Titanic
- A nameplate from one of Titanic’s lifeboats
- Rare examples of in memoriam tributes made in the aftermath of the sinking, including Titanic relief fund cheques, which were given to support the families of those who were lost
- Glimpses of the liner’s sumptuous interior and the luxury passengers enjoyed aboard a White Star liner through rare examples from her sister ships, Olympic and Britannic
- A selection of props from the film Titanic including some of the dresses worn by Kate Winslet and the dazzling ‘heart of the ocean’ necklace.
Families! Download our Monsters of the Deep family trail to follow during your visit.
Events and activities:
Pre booking essential (booking opens soon) – spaces limited, social distancing measures in place. Cost £4 per participant
Tuesday 1st June 11am – 12pm – Boat building – drama activity
Use your imagination to create a seafaring vessel, inspired by the exciting Titanic exhibition
Thursday 3rd June 11am – 1pm – Titanic 3D collage
Create your own version of the Titanic story with a raft of collage materials
During the Summer holidays:
Drop-in Wednesday Workshops 11am – 1pm. £4 per child, no booking required
Themes to include: 3D Titanic Collage, Titanic Print Poster (advertising the maiden voyage), Through the Porthole (a scraptastic art activity), Stick Puppets from the oceans deep, Titanic Memory Box, The Story of the Titanic (in comic strip form).
A national touring Titanic and White Star Line exhibition.